Today’s car culture is more than cruising up and down your favorite sporty road with your closest friends in tow. New cities, race tracks, museums, and the feeling of the wind going through your hair are calling your name. So, we’ve done the honors of identifying the five must-see pit stops around the world that any car enthusiast can appreciate, so you don’t have to!
- Did someone say American muscle? You can bank on Havana’s car scene to knock your socks off. Due to the 1960 embargo put in place by John F. Kennedy, Havana is a time capsule of some of the most beautiful and timeless machines that have EVER touched the pavement. Ranging from the Buick Roadmaster to the Cadillac Eldorado, Havana doesn’t disappoint. Pack your bags because the Cuba embargo is a thing of the past, and it’s time to travel!
- Planted on the eastern shorefront of the French Peninsula, Monaco has been a staple in the racing community since April 14, 1929. It is home to one of the most daunting Grand Prix in the Formula 1 circuit, where the chicanes and tight turns alone would make any auto enthusiast sweat. These drivers? They’re doing it like it’s a casual Sunday drive along the Pacific Coast Highway. Plus, with one of the most renowned casinos in the town center, how could it disappoint?
- Located in the heart of West Los Angeles, the Petersen Auto Museum displays 150 of the most prestigious and collectible automobiles known to man. It is almost certain that you will take a trip down memory lane when you see one of your childhood poster cars in the flesh. Take it from me; the 1959 Ferrari 250 GT Interim LWB definitively ignited the inner child within me.
- Monterey Car Week; say it louder for the people in the back. Not to be dramatic, but If you don’t know what this is, drop what you are doing and Google it. The magnitude of events throughout the entire week, displays an array of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of vehicles, and just when you think it can’t get any better, it does. Head to the streets and catch these Mona Lisa’s driving down the road. When car week is in town, you will see more Lamborghini’s, Ferrari’s, and other mind-boggling cars on the road than your everyday Honda or Toyota. (we don’t have to use the brand name, we can use “tin can” or equivalent). When I saw a Pagani Cinque, my jaw quite literally hit the asphalt. I have never been so star-struck in my life! I am counting down the days until I get to hit the open road back to Monterey, California.
- Shake n’ Bake Ricky Bobby! If you are a fan of Talladega Nights, Bud Light, and the sweet smell of kettle corn, the Indy 500 has crossed your mind. While this doesn’t necessarily mean you’re a fan of NASCAR, you can appreciate the blood, sweat, and tears that go into creating these 10,000 RPM high-revving race cars. Close your eyes and imagine this… you’re sitting in the stands, and the lead car takes the final turn towards victory, the crowd goes wild, and the floor starts rumbling as the symphony of V8’s passes the finish line. Isn’t it beautiful?
No matter where the open road takes you, the beauty of the world will show itself, and a new destination will call your name. Do you have a pit stop that didn’t get mentioned on our list? Please take a picture of it and tag us on Instagram at @Prorevtech. We can’t wait to hear about it!