30-Minute Tune-Up Shop!
How big is the U.S. Automotive Service Marketplace? —-$80 billion dollars big!
When it comes to automotive services, customers need an ally they can depend on for their maintenance and repairs. For this to happen, they need a shop they can trust. To build that trust, your customer service policy is to always treat customers like family– taking the time to answer questions and patiently explain service options.
Your 30-minute tune-up shop profits from repeat customers and a personable client experience. Learn what it takes to incorporate these tenants into your plans for your own tune-up shop!
Be Part of a $180 Billion Dollar Industry!
Jump-Start Your Career and own the 30 Minute Tune-Up Shop, You’ve Always Dreamed Of!!!
- The opportunity is here for you to change your life! Act now, and get started on what you love to do…and be your own boss! We provide you with easy-to-follow instructions.
- There’s plenty of room for your own General Automotive Service & Repair shop!
- Remember…Reliable transportation is no longer a luxury, but an everyday necessity.There are 248.6 million serviceable vehicles, on the U.S. roadways today!
- Now, you can Rev-Up Your Career with our business start-up manual!
- Think of the auto services that you’re already providing for your own car. Now…think of all the money to be made using those skills!
Imagine Your Whole Life Changing!
- You’ll Be The Master Of Your Own Time And Fate! Nobody will be there to look over your shoulder, or boss you around, steal your credit, or experience that empty feeling of doing it all for someone else.
- You Won’t Have To Worry About Bills!
- You’ll Have The House You’ve Always Dreamed Of… And The Car And Vacation That Goes Along With It!
- You’ll Be Surprised…You Probably Own Much Of The Equipment Already!
- You’ll Finally Have Peace-Of-Mind!
Order our General Automotive Service and Repair Shop —Business Start-Up Program! Be Part of the $180 Billion Dollar Automotive Service Industry!*
Sources: 1 AAIA Aftermarket Fact Book 2012; 2 Packaged Facts (1999), a publication of Kalorama Information, LLC; 3 AAA Analysis Report (2004); 4 AAIA Female Motorist Study (2004); 5 AAIA Aftermarket Fact Book 2010